Sunday, January 13, 2008

January Member Highlight ~ Rose




I had the privelege of asking Rose a few questions and learning a little more about her. Above are a few amazing projects that Rose has in the KT Crafts gallery, and below are the answers to my questions.
Could you tell us a little bit about yourself, like your family, where you live? I live in the UK in a beautiful city called York, I have lived here all my life And do not appreciate what historic beauty surrounds me, It is also the most haunted city in the World http://www.yorkhistoryinpictures.co.uk/ I live my Wonderful Son whose 4 and my partner, and retriever Dog. on the outskirts of Town

When did you start scrap booking and what got you started in this fabulous hobby? Oh I started scrap booking in the early 70`s when stash was not much compared to the awesome papers and items available today and then the more modern style would be Around 6 years ago,

What is your favourite way to use your scrap booking supplies -- layouts, altering, cards? What a question! If it a card ,matting and layering is a firm favourite, but I can sit for hours thinking up designs and ideas for cards. Altering depends on what it is, but its normally paper with flowers and some embellishment. Scrap booking is a different story I can take the paper to the photo or vice a versa. I don’t think I have anyone style, because I like to try different techniques and enjoy the challenge from creating Different styles/Looks . But I do like working with vintage looks a lot
What other hobbies do you have other than scrapbooking? I like anything to do with craft, I love sewing, Cross stitch,crochet and knitting I spend a lot of time researching my family history

What do you like about the community at KT Crafts? I just love KT Crafts, Its simply the BEST forum and store. I love the family feel I love getting inspiration from all the girls, when the major has gone there is always Something to re light the major

Is there anything interesting about yourself that you would like to share -- or that might surprise us about you? Well, thinking. I have initial after my surname which I do not often use even though I have the honour of doing so, I was the first woman to gain a Diploma in law and accountancy in the City of York CIU [working means club’s] I can write Braille,a friend is blind so I always do her cards with plenty of texture,raised touchy feely things and the header is in braille and I do the verse in Braille. My first one left my fingers with blisters from all the pricking with the tool but now it is easier I race pigeons in the summer months, these go to Belgium and all over different site in the Auk and far end of Scotland.
Thanks, Rose, for letting us get to know you a little better!!!
Barb
KT Crafts DT

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Wonderful to learn these interesting facts about you, Rose!

Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

You are quite the well rounded woman, aren't you?! So WONDERFUL to have you at KT Crafts!