Sunday, June 15, 2008

Junes' Member of the Month!


Well, its time to introduce our "member of the month" at KT Craft. This month I had the pleasure of interviewing, Jan, known to us as 3boymom on the forum. Her creative ability is apparent when you take a trip through her gallery! And now, meet Jan!

When was your first introduction to scrapping and how did it come about?
My friend invited me to a Creative Memories party in 1998. I had some great Sea World photos from a trip we had just taken. Well, I left the party thinking there had to be more to this hobby than paper triangles! :) I found a Creating Keepsakes magazine at a bookstore not too long after that and on those pages I found the "more" I was looking for.

Name 3 things that are a source of inspiration for you when creating a project.
1) Idea Books
2) Online Galleries
3) Pottery Barn Catalogs (and Target mailings too!)

You have a wonderful talent for making the most awesome cards! How do you do this?
Thanks so much! I like the small scale of cards and because I can use girlie colors, flowers and lace; things that I cant use when scrapping photos of my 3 boys! I also like the fact that I can ususally get a card done in one sitting. I don't have a lot of dedicated craft time, so anytime I can get a project done in 20-30 minutes, it's a bonus!

What favorite tools do you use on most projects that you wouldn't be without?
My 3 favorite tools would be punches, my sewing machine and Duck adhesive.
My 3 favorite products would be ribbon, American Crafts Thickers and Hambly Transparencies.

Pretend you are the CEO of a huge manufacturing company. What would you name your company and what would you manufacture?
I would love to have a company called, "Clearly Yours". I would manufacture transparencies and make them more affordable! (look out Hambly!) LOL. I would love to sell a variety of sizes, shapes and colors. I would love some modeled after the KI Lace Cardstock. Each would include an idea sheet and suggestions on how to attach it to your project

Thanks, Jan for sharing your thoughts with us! We hope some day "Cleary Yours" comes to fruition for you!!
One of Jan's fabulously creative cards!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh Jan! So much fun to read about you and you are KILLER FAB with the cards. Would you plllllllllllease share a little of that!

I'm so lucky that I have a "JAN ORIGINAL" sitting on my happy shelf.

You're such a sweet and amazing person!

chinapainter said...

Please let me know when you start up that company - I will probably be your first customer! Or do you need staff? LOL, great interview, girl!

Unknown said...

So nice to read more about you! And that card is just stunning!!
Love the colros and the design!

Hugs,
Maya