Monday, September 3, 2007

Crafty Member Dawn (Duskie)

For the month of September we will get to know Crafty Member Dawn (Duskie)! Thanks you, Dawn, for letting us get to know you better!!

How did you get started in scrapping?
Well, I tried to get into scrapbooking right out of high school, but I just couldn't get into it. Then a year later I became a mom. I suddenly had all these pictures and had to do something with them! My first completed album was an 8x8 for my mom.

How long have you been scrapping?
I started about 12 years ago...but didn't really get serious about it till a couple years ago. So, I still kind of think of myself as a beginner!

What are your favorite things to scrap about?
Well, I like to scrap Caitie, but that's just because she's easy to do. Sports photos are great to. I find boys pages a lot harder to do and haven't really done a lot of those. I find Holiday ones difficult to.

What other hobbies do you have, other than scrapping?
I use to do a lot of plastic canvas things, but I haven't done that in a couple years now. I make candles for family and friends. They tell me what scent and color. Then there's the kids sports. I love to watch them play!

Can you tell us something about you that very few people know about you?
I love to sing! I have many Karaoke Cd's and use to go to the bar all the time for Karaoke night! I don't drink so I got tired of that quickly. Unfortunately there isn't anywhere else to do it, so it's been a long time since I've went.

I know that you have kids -- how many, what ages, anything else a proud mom wants to brag (oh, tell us) about them?
I have 2 children, and 1 soon to be step-son. Caitie is 8 with a birthday next week. She's in the 3rd grade and looks and acts just like me! She is a girly girl tom boy I tell ya! She will dress to the hilt to go play in the dirt with the boys. She plays soccer and softball right now. She wants to play basketball and volleyball when she's get old enough. Riley is 12 and in the 6th grade! He has lived the last couple years with his dad. He use to play baseball, but has decided to join the band instead. What a move that was! He can now play the trumpet, piano and some guitar and some harmonica. Dalton is 9 and in the 4th grade. He is my soon to be step-son who looks and acts like his dad! He is also very sporty. He plays baseball, soccer and basketball and will be signing up for football soon. He is also into wrestling and can name all the wrestlers and all the moves and can probably do a good bit of them!

OK, we know that you are planning your wedding -- when is the big day, what are your colors, how many attendants -- spill all the details that you want!!!
Oh yes...lol...the wedding! Well, let see.. The big day is July 26, 2008 at 1:00pm at the Church of Christ. I will have 2 bridesmaids (one will be Caitie) and a matron of honor. Colors will be red and white. The theme is hearts. I have my pattern for my dress which my mom will be making. I haven't pick bridesmaid dresses yet. When we leave the church we will be releasing balloons with our names on them. They will have slips of paper on them with our address and a note telling the finder to let us know where they found the balloon. We don't know for sure where the reception will be, but we do have a band who will DJ for most of the night and then they will jam later for the younger crowd who want to hang out. Party favors will be Cd's with our picture and songs from our wedding dances. We will also have M&M's with our names and dates. And maybe chocolates with our initials. We haven't decided on food yet. I need to get with my mothers for that. We are planning on going to Niagara Falls for the honeymoon.

Thanks for being in our Member Spotlight this month, Dawn!!!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Great interview! Maybe we should have a Karoake challenge of some sort? Do we all have microphones on our computers? Thanks for sharing with us, Dawn!