Monday, July 9, 2007

Crafty Member Beth M


We thought it would be fun to get to know some of our members. Well, we could not think of a better member to start with then BethM



so here is my little interview with Beth

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

This may sound funny, but I think it would have to be Toy Story. I think that it's a well made movie that appeals to adults, as well as kids, because it takes us back to our youth with some of the toy characters used in the movie & it's a good story with meaning. Maybe I pick this movie because my DD loves it, watches it time & time again, and yet I don't get sick of seeing it.


What words would you use to describe your style?

I don't know that I have a so called "style." Perhaps eclectic with bling. I do what appeals to me, sometimes it's clean & simple, big & bold or soft & sweet. I really never was too much into the shabby look though. I couldn't get past all the clutter on the pages to see the pictures. I've seen a few that appeal to me, but they were the less busier looking ones.


When did you start scrapbooking?

I started scrapbooking when my son just turned 4, so I guess that was in 1996.


What got you interested?

My best friend had been invited to her 2nd or 3rd Creative Memories party & thought I might want to come too. I went with her & she showed me her album ~ I was hooked. Scrapbooking has come a looooong way since those days. I'm thankful for that!


What does your family think of your scrapbooking?

My husband can take it or leave it, but DOES want me to finish our wedding album, since it's only been 7 years on the 15th of July. My teenage son secretly likes that I do pages about him, but doesn't care to have them displayed online. My 3 yr. old daughter likes to cut paper while I scrap & LOVES to look at all the pages I've done. My stepmom & a friend of my Mother-In-Law are my biggest cheerleaders though. They're my ego-boosters. They carry on so much, almost to the point of embarassment.

My friend that got me started in scrapbooking jokingly told me that I put more thought into my scrapbook pages than she does her marriage! LOL I took it as a compliment.

Check out her wonderful gallery here

Thank you Beth for letting us get to know you a little better!!!

3 comments:

KT Crafts Crafty Girls said...

Beth! you and I have lots in common! I too started scrapbooking in 1996 and I also attended a CM party and was hooked immediately too!

AND, Toy Story is my all time favorite movie!!!

So cool to learn more about you!

-Lisa

Vicki said...

Beth,
Glad to learn more about you! I love the Toy Story movie also. I still remember taking our girls during Christmas break to see it.

It is wonderful to have you as a member of our forum!

KT Crafts Crafty Girls said...

Yay Beth! So happy to have you as the first spotlight! :) ~ Kristy